|Title||PT Garuda Indonesia : To Becoming a Distinguished Airline|
|Author||Ningky Sasanti Munir
Prasetyo, Aries Heru
Kurnia, Pepey Riawati (Other author)
|Publisher||Jakarta : PPM School Of Management, 2010|
|Code Collection||022/C/RC-CCH/STM 201|
|Physical description||63 p.|
|Abstract||PT Garuda Indonesia is a
State-owned Enterprise celebrating its 61 birthday in 2010 (when this case was
written and published). Garuda is successful in obtaining a four-star rating in
the field of independent service quality in an assessment given by Skytrax, an
independent assessor of airlines and airports worldwide. Through the strategy
of “quantum leap”, it is expected that Garuda would achieve a five-star rating
in 2014, making it equal (in service quality) to other world-class airlines
such as Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways. In addition,
Garuda has a commitment to improve income, net profit, ASK (seats available per
some miles), number of aircrafts, number of passengers, cargo, and
punctuality in 2014. This
case consists of five parts. The opening provides brief information on the
Garuda airline company. The second part describes the brief history of the
establishment of Garuda Indonesia. The third part is the description of the
flight industry’s development in Indonesia. The fourth part is the description
of various strategic issues in the world’s flight industry. The fifth part
explains Garuda’s efforts to make this company a competitive one. The latest
part describes challenges faced by Garuda in achieving its strategic aims.
Buy this case
Interested parties outside the PPM Management may order for RC-CCH cases under the following terms and conditions:
- The order is done by completing the Order Form.
- The Order Form can be obtained upon request via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- The completed order form must mention the number of case copies requested in accordance with the number of case learning participants, minimum 5 (five) copies of the case.
- The ordered case will be delivered upon approval of the order after all necessary data have been readily available and the payment has been settled.
- The price of RC-CCH case is Rp. 30,000 (thirty thousand rupiah) per copy.
- Payments made by transfer to BCA account number 686-0038801 (Kwitang branch) on behalf of Yayasan PPM; send by fax to (021)2302040 / 2302051 (addressed to RC-CCH).
- The ordered case will be delivered along with Teaching Note if applicable.